Locations tell a lot about histories that revealing many ancient stories. These stories not only tell about ancient culture but you can also come to know about your roots. If you want to know the most important locations that represent historical incidents then nothing can be the best option other than relying on Ancient History Encyclopedia.
Six Historical Locations:
- Machu Picchu: The location is at Southern Peru and it is considered as quite a popular ruined city lying on the mountain top. It has currently gained fame in the name of “lost city of the Incas”. Every year, millions of tourists come to this ancient location for experiencing this ancient cultural centre of Inca civilization. In the year 1911, Hiram Bingham rediscovered this site.
- Tikal: Best-preserved ruins from Mayan world can be now found at this site. Guatemala is the place where this site is located. The beauty is absolutely serene and thus you can create absolutely stunning travel memories. From temple top, the sunrise view is the best part to look at. Inner Indiana-Jones can be enjoyed in the early morning. Roaming within the park especially during the night can be an exciting experience for every traveller.
- Giza Pyramids: These pyramids are almost 3000 years older that has been preserved by Egyptians. They are extremely precise with outstanding engineering creativity. Little chambers have been created beautifully but they cannot be crawled easily. Amongst all pyramids, the great pyramid is the biggest one and Pharaoh Khufu created the same.
- Angkor Wat: It is Cambodia’s ancient city. It is the most popular visiting site from Southeast Asia. It represents the Khmer Empire which declined completely but the magnificent buildings and temples are still there. Those structures are simply amazing to look at. Popular temples that form the group are Angkor Thom, Ta Prohm, Bayon, Angkor Wat and many others. Tour to this site can be stated towards early morning. The area is too big and thus the tourists need to walk a lot for covering the space in full.
- Petra: In 1812 a renowned Swiss explorer found out this place at Petra, Jordon at Arabah. Multi-day tours are being conducted to visit the place. It is the site under UNESCO World Heritage.
- Stonehenge: This site is a great megalithic structure situated near Salisbury. The structure is almost three thousand years older. Some people believe that the stones of the site came from Wales but the real fact is still unknown to all. A detailed and excellent audio tour can be definitely planned here.
All these ancient sites are quite interesting to visit. You can take a guide along in order to explore these sites in a much proper way. These places are not only unique but are pretty exquisite to look at.